Monday, December 13, 2010
Requires people action functional
Hierarchy in the process her work is social rather than relational aesthetics
Written very critical
He doesn’t believe that art makes a different. And she seems to side with that more.
In reality it’s not all peachy keen.
Opportunity to change
Open your mind
You can’t do your work without people
Bishop is more realistic and Bourriaud idealistic
Plato- believes art not useful and not true
Aristotle- does believe art is useful as therapeutic and purges dangerous emotions
This brings in form and content= giving meaning
Our brains are always trying to make sense of things and using our familiar to start filling in the gaps and we constantly constructing up something that we can understand. Interpret.
“ Rules of Interpretation” –Things are therefore altered now through this
-it must be also evaluated, within a historical view of human consciousness.
We can never go back to the time before theory we will always be justifying things and feel the need to defend it. I feel that many artists try to achieve this idea of being unconscious, but I feel that could never be really completely pure.
Art w/o implications – not possible!
“To understand is to interpret. And to interpret is to restate the phenomenon, in effect to find an equivalent for it.” (Paragraph on Freud & Marx)
Sunday, December 12, 2010
- She paints with her back against the world
- starts to paint after she is inspired
- She mentioned that artist today get inspired but by the time they get to the canvas 50 more ideas pop up into their mind.
- know what you want
- she mentions education being bad because it makes you think that everyone can do it that way and succeed
- art is made through inspiration
- todays art is mostly ideas> conceptual art
- the only real high art left that is pure is music, its abstract
- art is a response to the emotional
Saturday, December 11, 2010
- September 22, 2010- Michael Wyshock
- October 7, 2010- Nathan Skiles
- October 11, 2010- Kim Russo
- Between this time I have had Studio visits with Michael Wyshock, but do not have exact dates.
- November 4, 2010- Kim Russo and Britany Hollinger
- November 11, 2010- Kevin Costello
- November 18, 2010- Nathan Skiles
- December 1, 2010- Chris Gentile
- Vanessa Meraz- some time in September 2010
- Harmony Hammond- some time in late September 2010
- Jeremy Fisher and Therese Mcpherson
- Kris Brian
- Jill Hoffman